- Installing, operating, maintaining, repairing and modifying end user devices such as servers, personal computers, thin-clients, network interface cards, phones, monitors, printers, telephones, printers, pagers, and radios.
- Performing a variety of maintenance and technical support on devices, integrated systems and subsystems, and install/configure software at customer and/or field locations.
- Troubleshooting and solving technical issues related to end user equipment hardware and software
- Performing after-hours operations, monitoring, troubleshooting, and restarting of server application(s) that are hosted on VMware as well as standalone applications. Monitoring data backup routines. Providing second level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Engaging on-call and vendor support as needed through defined escalation procedures.
- Ensuring customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- General purpose system administrator with current ability in one or more of the following OS’s ( Linux, CentOS, Fedora, Windows Server) as well as virtualized environments (VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V.) Experience with the installation, configuration and administration of common IT enterprise management systems is a plus, but not a prerequisite. Familiarization with the designs, specification, and configuration of various databases (ex., MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
This position is for evening and night shift work including weekends, but no rotating shift assignments. Schedule will be Sun-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday, 1400-2230 or 2200-0630. A limited number of positions will be 0600-1430.
George Street Services is a woman-owned small business focused on solving the toughest challenges in the intelligence and cyberspace communities. George Street is an action-driven technology company providing software, cybersecurity, and IT solutions. Our mission is to deliver quality innovative solutions to improve how our customers tackle their job.
The George street tagline, “where your story begins”, succinctly conveys our philosophy. Our focus is to genuinely invest in our employees and customers success and provide a family culture. We empower our employees with the support, training, and financial incentives they need, freeing them to focus on our customers.
George Street Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com