George Street is looking for Junior, Mid-level, and Senior level professionals with a security clearance. Applicants must be US citizens. George Street Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
Review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment
Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial-Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/Government-Off-the-Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
Optimizes system operations and resources utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planningProgramming/scripting experience.
The individual is required to have Java programming experience as well as experience in Python/Perl.
Experience deriving and analyzing requirements and developing CONOPs
Experience with project management.
- Software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Desired skills: HTML/CSS, PHP, Python, Django, SQL, Apache Webserver
- Analyzes functional business requirements and design specifications for functional activities.
- Should provide identification/fixing for the problems within existing systems design/implementation of new systems, enhances the existing systems and participates in analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems.
- Responsible for understanding the needs of the customers and the realities of commercially available IT products, and creating requirements that will allow implementation by the architecture and engineering team and COTs products.
- Must possess experience of system engineering in one or more areas including telecommunications concepts, computer languages, operating systems, database/DBMS and middleware.
- Must be proficient with and have recent experience in Linux and Citrix
- Eight (8) years’ experience as a Test Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Statistics, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Four (4) years of additional Test Engineering experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Scripting languages: Python, Perl, bash
- Networking Fundamentals (Working knowledge of OSI model)
- Virtualization with VMware (vSphere)
At George Street, we cultivate our employees’ passions for technology through continued training and interesting work using modern technologies. We also attract and keep top-notch talent by offering first-class salaries and superior benefits.