Performs maintenance, sustainment of existing networks, and identification/correction of issues.
- Resolve routine network problems; operate network analyzers, WAN test equipment, and network simulators
- Monitors data or voice system networks for various messages, alarms, or issues. Activates scripts as alarms occur or issues surface. Confirms accuracy of messages, alarms or issues and/or determines severity of problem, issue or alarm. Initiates resolution as appropriate.
- Troubleshoots problems using scripts and standard, routine procedures; escalates as appropriate. Researches issues to determine if problem may be resolved using predefined procedures.
- Resolves basic issues; documents the results. Communicates occurrence of alarms or issues and resulting actions taken to resolve or escalate problem.
- Executes scheduled maintenance routines in accordance with standard procedures. Identifies issues or problems and resolves as appropriate; escalates when necessary
- Activates/deactivates network lines according to established schedules.
- Performs first- and/or second-level problem determination (first level is help desk).
- Interfaces with users and/or network vendors.
- Can follow detailed work instructions.
|Two (2) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Associate’s degree in engineering technology from an accredited college is required. Two (2) years of additional network engineering experience may be substituted for an Associate’s degree. Experience with installation and configuration of any levels of network devices, such as firewalls, switches, routers, cabling, Cisco, Brocade, or Juniper devices is a plus. Experience supporting WAN technologies such as SONET (OC3, OC48, OC192), DS3, T1, etc. Experience with Taclanes/KG-175, etc. Experience with MPLS, BGP, VPNs, etc.
Desired: CompTIA Network+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or equivalent
George Street Services is a woman-owned small business focused on solving the toughest challenges in the intelligence and cyberspace communities. George Street is an action-driven technology company providing software, cybersecurity, and IT solutions. Our mission is to deliver quality innovative solutions to improve how our customers tackle their job.
The George street tagline, “where your story begins”, succinctly conveys our philosophy. Our focus is to genuinely invest in our employees and customers success and provide a family culture. We empower our employees with the support, training, and financial incentives they need, freeing them to focus on our customers.
George Street Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.